Winter can be harsh on skin. Low humidity and low temperatures in winter make the skin dry and irritated, leading to itching and the appearance of painful cracks. Winter wind worsens the situation because it increases evaporation from the skin. Eating good fats like those of fish that contain nutritious omega-3 fatty acids and frequent drinking water can improve the situation.
Do not forget the limbs, which especially affected in the cold winter days: to do again soft and gentle, dip your feet and hands in hot water that added lemon juice and vitamin E oil. Use creams with high SPF, because the sun radiates harmful rays in the winter months, especially in the mountains.
Here are some tips that will help to prevent drying of the skin due to cold:
- Enforce short showers with warm water instead of long and warm baths. For hygiene use moisturizing soaps (sindeti) or gels, no perfume. Avoid antibacterial soaps that dry the skin further.
- Regular Apply fat lip, preferably with SPF. Do not lick your lips with her tongue, because this habit contributes to their further drying, although you may believe the opposite.
- Gain a habit of moisturizing milk should be applied to the skin immediately upon exiting the bathroom, even on damp skin, so you can keep as much as possible more moisture.
- Apply creams to skin moistened before each going out. Do not use those that contain too much water, because you can freeze a person when you go outdoors.
- Protection from the sun in winter is equally as important in summer, so use creams with a wide range of protection, which is especially important rule for those who visit the mountainous areas or when snow and is cloudy. Snow reflects the sun's rays.
- Protect your eyes with sunglasses.
- If your skin is extremely dry and cracked, use creams or milks containing eksfolijanti as glycole, lactic acid or urea. Any prolonged and extremely dry and itchy, may be a harbinger of dermatitis and should be evaluated by a dermatologist.
- The lips are more sensitive than other parts of the body, because it contains oil glands and protective pigment melanin.
Eating hot, cooked food, drinking warm water or herbal teas and daily moderate exercise will improve your circulation, digestion and eradication, and it will keep skin soft, smooth and healthy. Limit kvasenjeto hands in water or wear gloves, as when washing dishes.
Avoid exposing skin to the harsh winter conditions, freezing temperatures and cold winds. But when it is necessary to exit, dress according to the time: in layers and wear a hat, scarf and gloves.